Claudio Peruccio Biography
Prof. Claudio Peruccio, DVM, Spec CMPA, Dip ECVO, Hon Dip ACVO, MRVCS
DVM, Specialist Small Animal Diseases (Spec CMPA), Diplomate European College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists (ECVO), Honorary Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists, Associate Professor at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Torino, Italy until 2006. From 1974 his main interests are veterinary and comparative ophthalmology. He spent periods of study at:
- the Royal Veterinary College (UK)
- the Veterinary College at Champaign-Urbana, University of Illinois (USA)
- the Veterinary College at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania University (USA)
- the Veterinary College at Gainesville, Florida University (USA)
- the Montefiore Hospital at New York City
and held the office of Adjunct Associate Professor at the Department of Clinical Medicine, College of Vet. Med., University of Illinois, USA.
In 1997 he has been awarded the World Small Animal Veterinary Association (WSAVA) / WALTHAM International Award for Service to the Profession.
Speaker and lecturer in many meetings in Italy and other countries, author of many scientific publications and textbooks.
Founder member and member of the board of the following international and national organizations:
- European College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists (ECVO, founding member)
- International Society of Veterinary Ophthalmology (ISVO, founding member, secretary/treasurer 1980-1989, President 1991-93)
- Italian Small Animal Veterinary Association (AIVPA, President 1982-84)
- Italian Companion Animal Veterinary Society (SCIVAC, founding member, Vice-president 1985- 87)
- Italian Society of Veterinary Ophthalmology (SOVI, founding member, President 1989-98)
- Italian Society of Veterinary Neurology (SINVET, founding member, Vice-president 1989-92)
At present his main area of interest is Ocular Surface focusing on new diagnostic techniques and treatments.